Re: modules as scripts

From: Michael Livshin
Subject: Re: modules as scripts
Date: 16 Sep 2001 22:02:08 +0300

Alex Schroeder <address@hidden> writes:

> Anyway, here are some of the things I tried.  All the errors make
> sense to me; the question is: what is the correct way of solving my
> problem?

since you are using the CVS Guile, the correct way is looking at any
of the scripts in the `scripts' directory of the Guile source for
inspiration.

here's an example:

#!/bin/sh
# aside from this initial boilerplate, this is actually -*- scheme -*- code
main="(module-ref (resolve-module '(scripts snarf-check-and-output-texi))
'main)"
exec ${GUILE-guile} -l $0 -c "(apply $main (cdr (command-line)))" "$@"
!#

the module has to have a procedure named `main', and there's even no
need to export it.

--
Debugging? Klingons do not debug. Our software does not coddle the
weak.