Re: Threads

From: Manuel Giraud
Subject: Re: Threads
Date: 28 Sep 2001 11:26:17 +0200

Rob Browning <address@hidden> writes:

> Manuel Giraud <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > ;;; Client
> > ;;; The message : a s-expression.
> > (define message '(display "hello\n"))
>
> > ;;; Connect and send
> > (connect sock AF_INET (car (hostent:addr-list (gethost sname))) port)
> > (write message sock)
>
> Among other things, you may need a (force-output sock) here.
> Otherwise the output may never get flushed to the other side, and so
> read will never return.
>
> Hope this helps.

I add this line to the client but it don't seems to solve my
problem. In fact, everything works if I don't evaluate the client's
message in a new thread on the server. But if, I start a new thread
everything is locked.

Maybe it's because I completly misunderstood the way to use threads in
guile. The examples I provide in attachment don't work for me. I don't
know if it's fair to attach it to the ML but if you can give it a try
I'd please to have some feedback.

Jake:"See those berries? That's our breakfast! See that stream? That's
our drinking water!"
Daria:"See that skeleton? That's our future."
-From "The Teachings Of Don Jake."

_Manuel Giraud_