Guile thread safety.

From: Kai-Peter G Backman
Subject: Guile thread safety.
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 15:29:04 +0300 (EEST)

 Dear Guile-User,

 I have an application where guile acts both as a high-level scripting
language and part of the actual simulation. I have several (>3) threads
running and some of them are crossing the C/Guile boundary quite often.
Co-op threads are out of question because of the realtime behaviour of the
application.

 My current solution uses a singular scheme evaluation thread that
receives scheme evaluation requests (or functions that use the gh_ or scm_
interface). I am using 1.4

 The ideal solution would be one where all threads could use gh_ and scm_
interfaces and I could handle application level concurrency when needed.
The next best solution would have calls like "guile_threads_enter" and
"guile_threads_leave" to guard access to the scheme environment.

 Will my ideal solution be realised in 1.6? If not, how do I create that
next best solution?

 Yours,

 Kai-Peter Baeckman