Re: format equivalent of printf "%3.1f", "%03x"

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: format equivalent of printf "%3.1f", "%03x"
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 10:46:43 +0200

> From: Steve Tell <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 00:07:20 -0400 (EDT)
>
> On Tue, 16 Oct 2001, Dale P. Smith wrote:
>
> > Section 22.3.3
> > http://www.supelec.fr/docs/cltl/clm/node200.html#SECTION002633000000000000000
> > has the full description of format.
>
> The description in guile-1.5.4's section 33 "Formatted Output" is a nice
> start (the last cvs guile/doc I grabbed months ago didn't describe format
> at all).  But it doesn't even hint at the existence of the optional
> comma-seperated list for formatting parameters.

I wrote this only from looking at the code, and I had no idea either
that the Common Lisp docs would be applicable as well.  Of course,
enhancements and corrections are always welcome (preferably as a
patch), and I will try to improve the docs myself, too.

Thanks for reading the documentation :)
  'martin