Re: [OT] Re: More info on my question

From: Robert A. Uhl
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: More info on my question
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 11:10:12 -0600

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 03:30:55PM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 07:15:35PM -0600, Robert A. Uhl wrote:
> > The pistol is not a weapon; it is an impertinence.  If two men are to
> > kill one another, they should do so face-to-face, not from a distance,
> > like vile highwaymen.      --Arturo Perez-Reverte, The Fencing Master
>
> Another fencer on this list?

Yep.  I enjoy it.  Not very good, though.

> BTW: what value is 'planet' bound to?

A smob of my own devising.  I've actually come quite a ways now.  I'm
in the hairy depths of properly implementing each function, some of
which take constants in C, and which I determined should take strings
in scheme, e.g. one may write (trav-planet-set-atmosphere planet
"Polluted") where in C one would write
trav_planet_set_atmosphere(planet, TRAV_PLANET_ATMOSPHERE_POLLUTED).
Looking back on it all, I'm really very glad that I did not decide to
use SWIG.  I'd be overriding so much stuff that I might as well be
doing it by hand, and I would have lost quite a bit of functionality.

It's a lot of work, but it is ever-so-slowly coming together.  Were I
not going on vacation later this week, I would expect to produce
travlib 0.4 by Friday.

--
Robert Uhl <address@hidden>

"A person commits a class 4 felony when he knowingly uses or intends to
use armed force to prevent assault, rape, murder, or other attack upon
himself or another."
                 --Illinois Revised Statutes, Chapter 38, Paragraph 24