Re: Better support for transition to guile-1.6

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Better support for transition to guile-1.6
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 21:00:59 -0500

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> Well I just started using gnucash, and I'd like to say congratulations
> - it rocks!  So I for one am very grateful that you're taking the time
> to deal with that PITA.

Thanks :>

I may have already mentioned this, but I'm actually in the process of
trying to shift the gnucash executable to be just a guile script that
loads a bunch of modules.  Then it'll be easier to do some really nice
things.  Frankly, if glade/gnome/guile had been further along a while
back, a whole *lot* more of the code might already be in scheme
now :>

Wrt to building, I just tracked down and worked around a problem we
were having with libtool that halves our compile time, so that helps
at least part of the problem.

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu