Re: Better support for transition to guile-1.6

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: Better support for transition to guile-1.6
Date: 03 Nov 2001 19:55:18 +0100

Rob Browning <address@hidden> writes:

> Since these libs aren't public, there may be no point to having them
> in /usr/lib and dealing with the complexity of careful libtool
> versioning.

The libs _are_ public, in my view. (`The libs' being shared libraries
that are loaded via `load-extension'.)  They might not look like they
are right now, but as soon as you want to link other compiled code
with these libraries, you will likely run into problems when the
libraries are special, in any ever so small way.