Re: Guile 1.5.4 beta ready for testing.

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: Guile 1.5.4 beta ready for testing.
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 17:33:25 +0000

Bill Gribble:
> [...] or several people who know nothing about guile but repeat some
> moderately famous person's criticism of it [...]

I don't think the poor showing on the Great Language Shootout does guile any
favours, either.  At least one of these I've improved a lot (wc.guile, which
I ought to tidy and submit), but it's still only just within touching
distance of the other implementations.  Guile isn't *that* slow, surely?  I
have a lot more slow downs from databases and GTK than I do from guile.
Hopefully some profiling will help me more when I get round to my next guile
upgrade.

--
MJR