calling guile from C

From: Brian McAndrews
Subject: calling guile from C
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 16:09:31 -0600

I have wrapped up some C functions so that they can be called from guile.
What I want to do now, is call guile from my C program.  The question I have
is how do I set it up so that I run scm_boot_guile when I start my program,
but then have the ability to call into guile whenever I want?  It seems that
I need an event loop to handle callbacks into guile, otherwise I'd have to
call scm_boot_guile each time I wanted to make a call.  Surely others have
dealt with this.

Thanks,
Brian