Re: guile-1.7 latest cvs and load-extension

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: guile-1.7 latest cvs and load-extension
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 20:53:54 -0600

David Pirotte <address@hidden> writes:

> just dowloaded the latest guile-1.7 from cvs (i was already using
> guile-1.7, so this a 'today' problem that just raised itself) and:
>
> the following is the content of gtrees.scm, the error is below. note
> that i had this discussion a while ago and that people on this list
> recomanded me to keep the call to load extension as it is mentionned
> here
>
>       ;; -- gtrees.scm content
>       (define-module (struct gtrees))
>       (load-extension "libgtrees" "init_gtrees_module")

Did you figure this out?  There are a number of possibilities.

One thing that might help your track this down is to try using "strace
-f -o tmpfile my-script", and then looking at tmpfile to see what it's
failing to find.  This can be helpful for distinguishing problems
where guile's having trouble finding a file from problems where ldso
is having trouble finding a file to resolve inter-library
dependencies.

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu