Re: calling guile from C

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: calling guile from C
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 21:03:23 -0600

"Brian McAndrews" <address@hidden> writes:

> I have wrapped up some C functions so that they can be called from guile.
> What I want to do now, is call guile from my C program.  The question I have
> is how do I set it up so that I run scm_boot_guile when I start my program,
> but then have the ability to call into guile whenever I want?  It seems that
> I need an event loop to handle callbacks into guile, otherwise I'd have to
> call scm_boot_guile each time I wanted to make a call.  Surely others have
> dealt with this.

All you have to do is use scm_init_guile or scm_boot_guile, and if the
latter, you call it with your normal main function as an argument.
After that, your C code can go on with it's business, but you can call
gh_eval_str, scm_c_module_lookup, gh_call, etc. whenever you like.

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu