Re: slib/require.scm in guile 1.5.4

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: slib/require.scm in guile 1.5.4
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 21:20:50 -0600

"Mr. Peter Ivanyi" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I try to use the statprof module. When I try to run guile, I get:
>
> ERROR: Could not find slib/require.scm in  (" ...
>
> which comes from the (ice-9 slib) module. In the guile 1.5.4 distribution
> there
> is no require.scm at all. In the slib.scm file there is some discussion
> about it, but I do not understand.
> Sorry I do not know how to correct it.
> Can somebody help me with this, please ?

Hmm.  I probably used some slib functions in the profiler, though I
don't recall if they're important, or if I was just using them
temporarily.  I suspect that they were important, though -- most
likely I used them for formatting the profiler output.

I'll check, and if they're trivial I'll remove them, but if, as I
suspect, they're not, you'll need to install slib.

If you're running a Debian system, you can just install the
guile1.4-slib package.  On other systems, you'll may need to get the
upstream slib tarfile and follow the installation instructions inside.

Then, presuming you have a local install of guile 1.5, just:

  cd /usr/local/opt/guile-1.5/share/guile/
  ln -s /usr/local/slib .

And make sure that you run guile at least once as a user with
permissions to write to /usr/local/opt/guile-1.5... and run
(use-modules (ice-9 slib)).  This will generate the requisite slibcat
catalog file.

Hope this helps.

--
Rob Browning