Re: New to guile & scheme

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: New to guile & scheme
Date: 16 Dec 2001 17:15:38 +0000

>>>>> "jacbre" == jacbre  <address@hidden> writes:

    jacbre> Hello everybody!

    jacbre> I have been experimenting with guile for the last two
    jacbre> weeks while trying to learn scheme via SICP. I don't know
    jacbre> much yet, but so far I like scheme a lot and try to use
    jacbre> guile (1.5.4) for the test scripts of a small numeric
    jacbre> application I 'm writing.

    jacbre> Anyway, I'd like to thank the guile developers for their
    jacbre> efforts. The amount and quality of documentation seems
    jacbre> very good, especially considering the fact that it wasn't
    jacbre> there a year ago. The srfi support is also impressive, as
    jacbre> far as I can tell no other scheme system supports so many
    jacbre> of them.

[Speaking as just one of those developers ...]

Thanks very much for your message.  A nice bit of positive feedback
like this works wonders for keeping the old motivation flowing!

Best regards,
        Neil