Re: Scheming over a PHP replacement

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Scheming over a PHP replacement
Date: 31 Dec 2001 01:04:12 +0000

    Bruce> In the process of trying to accomplish another project, I
    Bruce> have created an extensible HTML format that is remarkably
    Bruce> similar to PHP, except that it uses Guile/Scheme as the
    Bruce> extension language, instead of whatever PHP's language
    Bruce> is. [...]

I haven't tried this out, but it looks interesting.  I hope you won't
mind if I make two high-level comments:

- I'd really like to see some consolidation in the Guile-related web
  server and scripting market.  There seem to me (without detailed
  investigation) to be several competing implementations of this kind
  of thing; couldn't you all work together?

- I don't quite like the specialness of your "while" form.  More
  generally, I don't think you've quite cracked the (very desirable)
  nut of being to integrate, in the same file, both static HTML code
  and HTML code which is generated dynamically by Scheme code.  Is
  this possible?

Regards,
        Neil