Re: parsing vrml

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: parsing vrml
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 11:10:01 +0100 (MET)

> From: "Mr. Peter Ivanyi" <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 15:24:16 +0000
>
> I would like to parse VRML files in scheme (guile).
> Can somebody suggest me a method ? Is there a grammar parser in scheme
> or any tool that can help me ?

Isn't VRML an XML dialect?  Then you might want to use an XML parser
for the parsing and then traverse the resulting tree by hand.

Thierry Bezecourt has written an interface to the expat XML parser
called mixp:

http://www.thbz.org/mixp/

Or, you can try to adapt the XML parser framework from here

http://okmij.org/ftp/Scheme/xml.html

This was written by Oleg whose surname I have forgotten (and can't
find on his website)...

'martin