Re: Weak hash tables are too strong?

From: Michael Livshin
Subject: Re: Weak hash tables are too strong?
Date: 03 Feb 2002 17:07:30 +0200

Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> writes:

> Michael Livshin <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > my (admittedly vague) recollection of the problem is that
> > recently-printed things tend to stick in memory.  you print more
> > stuff, they go away.
>
> Hmm, that doesn't sound too good.  Is there a known reason for this?
> Maybe the print_state pool is to blame, but I can't imagine right now
> how it should manage to do it.

that was it, I think.

you could just define the current situation to be OK, though.  after
all, even in CL you have all those nice '+', '*' etc. thingies you can
type at the listener to refer to the results of previous computations.

in short, it's a feature if you know how to look at it the right
way. :)

--
All ITS machines now have hardware for a new machine instruction --
CIZ