Re: Benchmarks of guile-www against HB's Guile module.

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Benchmarks of guile-www against HB's Guile module.
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 01:28:32 -0800

   From: Alejandro Forero Cuervo <address@hidden>
   Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 17:56:37 -0500

   Hello.

   Okay, so after a long vacation, I'm back at developing HB's Guile module
   again.:)

excellent -- i was feeling like slitting code today.  during guile-www
release i fervently hoped for better underpinnings and now is the chance.

         (hb-register hbfile "main"

style nit: decorate free var names.

   We welcome any suggestions you might have that might make our
   benchmarks more precise or our HB-Guile module more usable: we want
   to make it the best tool/interface for using Guile for web
   development.

well, to complete the square you need to also benchmark guile-www w/
daemon...

then, to add dimension, you could tune up guile-comp and see what it can
do w/ guile-www.  (hb will still be the fastest, i'm sure. :-)

i started to look at src/broom.h but got a bad feeling when i sensed a
custom linked list.  on the other hand, i like the name "broom", makes
me think of my sweetheart for some reason. ;-)

thi