Re: Newbie pleading for help...

From: Alex Kim
Subject: Re: Newbie pleading for help...
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 23:48:37 -0800 (PST)

Dear guile experts,

I just wanted to say thank you for all your help,
especially, to Brett, Neil, Bo, and Hilaire.
Neil's article "GUIfying the Guile REPL" was very
helpful to understand the issue.  Unfortunately, I
was not able to try his guile-gui (I couldn't get
guile-gtk-0.19 compiled with guile-core cvs which has
the necessary buffered-input; My naive impression
during a month of using guile is that everything is
depending on everything else).

Luckily, I followed Brett's suggestion and it worked.
So, I kind of solved my problem, although it's not
quite what I imagined when I first learned about guile
a month ago.  Nevertheless, it serves my purpose and
I can develop my toolkit using scheme as I desperately
wanted.  So, I am very happy now.

I sincerely appreciate you for all your help and many
thanks to those who devote their time to THE GUILE
project.
Thank you very much.