bgb, introduction...

From: cr88192 sydney
Subject: bgb, introduction...
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 03:07:49 +0000

I am one who goes between projects, as of right now I am working on a game engine and trying to use guile for it (considering rep and python as possible alternatives, though I don't really know python...).
my problem: lack of documentation (at least that I can find).

how to invoke functions in guile from C? dealing with vars.
stopping program from exiting on undefined vars...

personally I am a little more familiar with common lisp than scheme, so really I can do very little and have it work (not like I know common lisp very well either...). actually a comparison of guile and rep would be helpful, or both vs python, as I really don't know myself.

from what I have so far it would probably be a notable rewrite to do the front end in scheme, and it is not to unsensible... from what I have seen rep seems to be a little more developed and have better docs (but I may be wrong, as I have not looked in too much detail).

actually chances are this would work better on my cad maybe... or hell maybe I should just put all the rendering/geometry stuff in a library and use it for both the cad and the engine...

actually anymore I have been doing a bad job at working on projects anyways... and I can't stay on one project.

I have recently also been working on an os, had been trying to implement a lisp based system on top of the kernel (but I stopped short with a bytecode format and an assembler, but it is an assembler that emulates lisp semantics...).

had thrown together ideas for a gl based gui, psuedo 3d (sort of like an rts game). would support cool features: zooming, transparency, indeterminant screen size (as these are inherent of gl anyways). little more than an idea...

maybe my total lack of focus has something to do with my personal life going to hell recently...