error catching

From: Gurer Ozen
Subject: error catching
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2002 04:18:27 +0200

Hi, I'm adding guile support to my video player program.
I have some problems with error handling.

I'm executing scheme script files with
gh_eval_file_with_catch(filename, catcher);
where catcher is a function like:
static SCM catcher(void *data, SCM tag, SCM throw_args)
{
        printf("Error in scheme script!\n");
}

This makes it possible to continue the execution of main
program even if script is buggy or user makes an error and
selects some other file. But I want something more.

How can I create and print a more detailed error message
inside this function? I've looked libguile code (throw.c), but
it is somewhat complex and using scm_ interfaces.

Could you explain arguments and return value of it?
What value should I return from that function?

Maybe this is a simple question, but tutorial on the guile page
lacks this part, and I couldn't find any other doc about this issue.

thanks in advance.

--
Gurer Ozen