Re: bgb, references for mailing lists?...

From: cr88192 sydney
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 23:26:05 +0000

I had once read his paper (about a year ago), I don't know if it has been changed or anything since then. back when I read it I had remembered it not giving a clear definition of a model, thinking of it it may be useful to read it over again. I had read what was planned for reiser4 and I had remembered the definition to be a little more generic.

sometimes I wonder, besides ripping off linux, eros, and tunes, do I come up with anything original or worthwhile. I have an idea for a cool gui, but really I can't make that yet (not until I have gl in my kernel, which is a ways off). I have before wondered if tunes will actually be made, or just talked about. I wonder if I will continue working on this, or will it just peter out. I have been working on it (since I started again anyways) for about 1 month, and though most of it has been coded in this period, still most fundamental things are still lacking (ie: userspace code, where I was just planning to rip off eros anyways...). what I don't rip off I make intuition based guesses, and I don't know if this really counts for anything.

sometimes I wonder why I am writting an object manager... or why that would belong in the kernel, my intuition says to use it as the basis of the new fs and application layer stuff. earlier in my notes jotting process I came up with the idea by which objects could be shared, and by which work could be continued if a process/node were to crash, so I will go on the usual originality check (which usually yeilds something similar anyways).