Re: SWIG 1.3, guile 1.4, and compiled module loading

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: SWIG 1.3, guile 1.4, and compiled module loading
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 15:41:44 -0800

   From: Brett Viren <address@hidden>
   Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 18:06:26 -0500

   Which produces mymod.scm and mymod_wrap.[ch] which is compiled into a
   libmymod.so.  The .scm and the .so then get placed in a mydir/
   directory which is in my %load-path.

how is this compilation done (e.g., w/ libtool)?

   This gets executed when I do (use-modules (mydir mymod)) but my
   problem is I can't figure out how to do the dynamic-link call in any
   way except giving the full path to the library.  Is there some way to
   fix this so the installation of mydir/ is more portable?

guile 1.4 libguile embeds libltdl, which is responsible for abstracting
shared object library access and initialization.  libltdl is sensitive
to env var LTDL_LIBRARY_PATH.

i cannot remember if swig 1.3 uses libltdl (shame on me for slacking off
on swig, i know).  your system's ld.so might respond to LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

thi