Re: The 1.6.1 release.

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: The 1.6.1 release.
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 16:21:22 -0800

   From: Evan Prodromou <address@hidden>
   Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 16:13:39 -0600

   So, for my own clarification, once 1.5.x becomes "blessed" into 1.6.x,
   what happens in CVS? Will there still be 2 branches, one stable and
   one unstable? Or will a third branch, 1.9.x, start happening at that
   point? Or later, when 1.7.x is starting to look like 1.8.x?

good question.

IMO, the more branches there are the more PITA it is to maintain them.
this suggests that to cut ourselves slack we should delay branching
until things are *determined* to be stable (as opposed being *declared*
to be stable).

to do a good determination means we need to define what are the criteria
for stability so that we can measure the living tree against it.  there
is now workbook/build/stability.text (currently empty) -- everyone
please feel free to suggest items to add to that file.  [cc guile-user]

thi