Building 1.5.6 on win32

From: Brian
Subject: Building 1.5.6 on win32
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:37:49 -0500

I'm trying to build 1.5.6 on win32 with mingw and I am getting undefined
references to the stuff that is defined in libwsock32.a (for example,
address@hidden, address@hidden, ...).  It appears that I'm not linking with the
libwsock32.a file.  How can I fix it?

Also, for what it's worth, I added guile (1.5.4) into our financial risk
management system (which currently is runs on winnt boxes) last fall.  We
set it up to be called on certain events (user and system).   We have our
C++ classes defined in terms of (external to guile) meta classes.  These are
only defined for classes at the seams of our system (either they get sent
across the wire, written to the db, sent to a user screen, etc). I defined
some guile extensions that allows our scheme scripts to have access to the
class methods and attributes within our system.  Thus, given a pointer to an
object, we are able to, within scheme, call methods within our system and
modify values within our system.  We've just started rolling out some
scripts and so far are getting favorable results!

Thanks,
Brian