Re: address@hidden: dynamic loading of native code modules]

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: address@hidden: dynamic loading of native code modules]
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 00:36:48 -0500

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> (OK, I think that's enough devil's advocate from me on this general
> argument.  In fact I'm as much in favour of simplifying and cleaning
> up the core as everyone else, and I realize that sometimes we have to
> compromise compatibility in order to move forward.  Let's just be as
> considerate as we can in the process.)

No problem -- this kind of self-examination is a good idea.

However I do feel like guile probably needs to be thought of as a
project still pretty "deep in the design phase", so while we need to
make a strong effort not to be gratuitous with our incompatibilities,
I suspect there will still be plenty going forward, for another few
releases at least.

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu