Guile library behaviour

From: Daniel CAUNE
Subject: Guile library behaviour
Date: 17 Apr 2002 10:15:57 +0200

Hi,

Last night I went deeper in the Guile library code and I saw the reason of my application server shutdown. After invoking the gh_enter function, the first function that is called after the Guile initialization is the function gl_launch_pad, which calls my own function and then calls the exit system function. Then all my application server shutdowns!

I can replace this gh_launch_pad by my own launcher function, but I think my problem'll stay the same since the scm_boot_guile also calls the exit system function when ending. The code documentation explains that "(...) scm_boot_guile function exits, rather than returning, to discourage people from making that mistake.". "Yes, I see", to use the favorite reply of Ryo Hazuki !

I don't clearly understand the main idea of the Guile library initialization design. How can use it in an application that must be independent from a script interpreter (dynamic load and unload)?

Any ideas?

Daniel