Re: Lines-of-Code counting for Scheme

From: Ken Anderson
Subject: Re: Lines-of-Code counting for Scheme
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 14:29:06 -0400

What i do in Java is count "}" and ";".

To get a reasonable physical line count in Scheme, you could read each expression from the orignal scheme file and then pretty print it and then count those lines.

Ward Cunningham has an interesting way summarizing a java class by squeezing out all the characters that aren't "{", "}", or ";":
http://c2.com/doc/SignatureSurvey/

It gives you a quick summary where each Java file is one line, and you can see some interesting patterns.