Re: address@hidden: Re: Roadmap and goals?]

From: Wolfgang Jährling
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: Roadmap and goals?]
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 14:55:01 +0200

Hi!

address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 20, 2002 at 03:15:24PM +0200, Wolfgang Jährling wrote:
> > And I'm a person trying to write a replacement for /sbin/init for the
> > (Hurd-based) GNU-system and I am implementing it entirely in Guile,
> > because I want to push Guile as the system scripting language of the GNU
> > OS.
>
> COOL! And with schelog (prolog-like logic programming in scheme) working
> with guile one can write all sorts of service dependencies and have the
> schelog lsystem find the best way to get as much running as possible.

Sounds interesting. I'm currently thinking about the best way to
implement the dependency stuff and so far it turned out to be a complex
problem. I will look at schelog soon, think about it for a while, then
do some discussion with Hurd developers.

Oh, BTW: Is this the current license of Schelog?
<http://www.swiss.ai.mit.edu/cgi-bin/info2www?(schelog)Schelog%20copying%20policy>
I'm yet not sure if this is compatible with the GNU GPL...

> Any code so far?

I have some code so far, but nothing worth showing to others. Anyway,
this is mostly off-topic.

Cheers,
GNU/Wolfgang

--