Re: Items blocking release 1.6.1 (2002-04-21)

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Items blocking release 1.6.1 (2002-04-21)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 14:51:47 -0700

   From: Rob Browning <address@hidden>
   Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 16:12:23 -0500

   Note that these aren't rhetorical questions.  I'm not all that
   familiar with the issue since it wasn't my bug, and so I'd like to
   understand all the considerations.

these were all discussed before.  when you ask people to repeat
themselves, they tend to reply obliquely at best, just to keep
interested.

part of maintaining the bugs database is to add relevant discussion to
the file so that everyone can see the thinking process clearly (which
reduces rehash).  alternatively we can be wombats, completely forgetting
that research can be viewed as a proper supserset of search.

for example, i recently asked about difference between characterset
designs, w/o doing the requisite digging.  the resulting silence tells
me this was unwise.

thi