Re: address@hidden: dynamic loading of native code modules]

From: Chris Beggy
Subject: Re: address@hidden: dynamic loading of native code modules]
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 17:19:26 -0400

Rob Browning <address@hidden> writes:

> However I do feel like guile probably needs to be thought of as a
> project still pretty "deep in the design phase", so while we need to

Guile is an implementation of scheme, which is specified
already, in about 50 pages, plus SRFIs.  It started with the SCM
codebase. What's being designed deeply?  What will follow the
deep design phase?

> make a strong effort not to be gratuitous with our incompatibilities,
> I suspect there will still be plenty going forward, for another few
> releases at least.

Why not implement guile to have generous backward compatiblity
from version to version?  Are you aware that lots of existing
code written for guile is broken and un(re)usable?

I'm just a wannabe user, who has a hard time using guile for
anything beyond SICP exercises.

Chris