Re: top-down design + nevermind

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: top-down design + nevermind
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 16:59:50 GMT

(Chris Beggy ) address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:
> Beyond that, guile needs an extension method (module, package,
> etc.), a method of sharing like CPAN or CTAN, and a community.

It has modules, doesn't it?  Or did someone remove them?

If by CPAN you mean an archive, surely it has that with the projects list?
If you mean an automated extension install system I say "noooooooooo".

Is there a community?  #scheme is quite quiet, but this list and the cls
newsgroup are quite chatty.

> I think guile has a special feature, it can be an embedded
> scripting language for C programs.

Is that really that special?  It's a nice feature, but hardly a Unique
Selling Point.