Re: language translator help

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: language translator help
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 18:20:55 -0700

   From: Bill Gribble <address@hidden>
   Date: 15 May 2002 19:26:13 -0500

   I guess you're talking about Red Hat sticking with guile-1.3.4.

and personal anecdote (people tell me privately they won't install 1.5.x
because it breaks their apps (which is their primary interest, after all)).
they are afraid to mention this publically because of poor reception of
their concerns in the past.

   What does this have to do with guile's extension system?

it has to do w/ overall lack of feedback loop causing un-neighborly
decisions to be implemented, which triggers other policies (besides
version number check) which cause userbase atrophy.

guile maintainers need to stop acting like the typical insular american
and get in sync w/ the world beat.  (see i try my best to cause userbase
atrophy in creative ways...  :-)

thi