Re: The Guile license and the use of LGPL libs (like GMP).

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: The Guile license and the use of LGPL libs (like GMP).
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 18:17:07 -0500

"Jeff Read" <address@hidden> writes:

> It would be something of a hassle, yes. My main use for Guile is as
> a scripting workhorse. Wherever I go, I'd like Guile to go with me
> (inasmuch as my movement is restricted to vaguely unixoid systems)
> with a minimum of fuss. Depending on another external lib
> complicates that. Guile depends on qthreads as it is, but that is
> essentially resolved by bundling qthreads with Guile. Which is why I
> mentioned bundling GMP.

OK, well we should keep that in mind, though as long as GMP supports
the target architecture, and we arrange guile to handle a
--with-gmp=/some/prefix argument, I'm not sure that keeping a copy of
GMP's source tree inside ours buys much over just making sure the GMP
tarfile is handy, and that we have good docs about any required
configure args, etc.

This is all presuming we were in a situation where you had to have
GMP, i.e we didn't take the route allowing --without-gmp, or similar.

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu