[modules] survey addendum: python attributes and url

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: [modules] survey addendum: python attributes and url
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 14:21:27 -0700

on reflection, perhaps (0C) is ok -- w/o it, there is chaos.  in fact,
(0E) is untenable in practice (that's basically what we have now in HEAD
and branch_release-1-6).

i chose python-2.2.1 for study; dunno how 1.5 differs or if those
differences are interesting.  feel free to clue me in on this or to
correct me on the attribute summary.

next i'm going to skip to XEmacs.  (the observant will also note ACL is
now replaced by UFFI.)

i can see now that it is important to define POV when talking about
"extension" (who is at the "origin" and who is extending what to who).
this is not done in guile's policy/plans docs, so designs to date have
had to contend w/ some ambiguity.

thi

- Python [2]
  - attributes: 12 11 10 0F 0C 0A 09 08 03 00

[2] http://www.python.org/doc/2.2.1/ext/ext.html