Re: updated $workbook/modules/modules-and-shared-libs.text

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: updated $workbook/modules/modules-and-shared-libs.text
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 19:11:18 -0700

   From: Rob Browning <address@hidden>
   Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 20:52:49 -0500

   If I'm recalling correctly (and I may not be) this doesn't help when
   the libs need to be linked against each other, or even when one lib
   depends on another and isn't in the standard ldso search path.

yes, you've repeated these hearsays before.

   I believe you may be able to get around this with -rpath, but ISTR
   that there are reasons (some distribution related) why -rpath isn't a
   good idea.  However I don't have all the relevant
   ldso/libtool/distribution packaging snafus swapped in ATM, so this may
   or may not be a problem in the particular approach you're planning.

thanks for trying to be helpful.

thi