Re: language translator help

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: language translator help
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 16:41:50 -0700

   From: Bill Gribble <address@hidden>
   Date: 23 May 2002 06:37:23 -0500

   Thien-Thi, is there something going on in your personal life that has
   changed from a talented hacker into a poo-flinging zoo monkey, or is
   this a conscious decision you have made of your own free will?

   Maybe you had better take a break from Guile for a while if it is
   aggravating you so much.  You certainly are making the Guile community
   much less enjoyable to be a part of.

what is aggravating me is this old machine (w/ flakey SDRAMs) always
segfaulting on eval.c and similarly hairy compilation chores.  also its
monitor has recently absorbed enough dust that it blew up!  now i'm
faced w/ venturing out of 80x34 console mode and using my gf's laptop
(running X + fvwm), which would actually be good for emacs development
and may be good for guile development, too.

i'm actually using screen(1) and still working on the old machine --
pretty comfortable combination.  as a bonus my neighbor's father dumped
on him (and subsequently him on me) an sgi 4d/35 "personal iris" (circa
1991), including a honkin' big monitor.  another platform for emacs and
guile hacking, if i can figure out how to clear the long-forgotten root
password.

evolution of people from poo-flinging zoo monkeys onward is interesting
to observe; many times people forget their roots and don't see how it
shapes their outlook and behavior.  that some people are expressive
enough to commit their ideas to code is just another venue for this
phenomenon.

where does joy fit into the scheme of things except between your sensory
nerves and your limbic system?  what else goes on in that cranium?

thi