Re: language translator help

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: language translator help
Date: 27 May 2002 22:26:06 +0200

MJ Ray <address@hidden> writes:

> > Rob (and me) do not only have to be informed (which we are), but also
> > need to approve.  That was the main point: Thi did not make it
> > sufficiently clear to me that he will accept this.
>
> Aiouauou.  Needs to approve what?  If this is about leaving 1.4 for
> stability and performance improvements only, then I think that's
> right and proper (I hate APIs changing, even subtly, during a stable
> series).  If it's a desire to approve every commit, that's insane.

It is not about every single commit per se, but about every single
'work item' that is carried out in the stable branch.  We are at the
point (within the stable branch), where the permitted work items are
pretty small, like fixing a bug that has an obvious and simple fix or
workaround.  So (for the stable branch), Rob needs to approve almost
every single commit.

In the unstable branch, pretty much everything is possible.