Re: What if Guile changed its license to be LGPL?

From: Panagiotis Vossos
Subject: Re: What if Guile changed its license to be LGPL?
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 15:33:06 +0300

Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> writes:

> Per Bothner <address@hidden> writes:
>
> [ extending the license exception of Guile to GMP ]
> > Stallman (and Torbjörn) may be favorably inclined to such as
> > exception; as Guile maintainer I think you should at least bring up
> > the issue with RMS.
>
> Yes, I will.  I'll wait a bit to see whether any other arguments
> surface in favor of weakening the license of GMP.

I feel that adding an exception for guile in the GMP license is a bad
idea.  What if another scheme implementation with a free, but
incompatible license wants to use GMP?  The FSF would treat guile
differently and that would be unfair to all other implementors.

I think that the other suggestions are way better.

Just my 0.02 euros,
panagiotis.