Re: language translator help

From: Chris Beggy
Subject: Re: language translator help
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 14:48:47 -0400

MJ Ray <address@hidden> writes:

> I've already done that and it seems that I have
> insufficient data to specify a search that locates the required information,
> so I was asking you for further data (in this case some date range, or some
> subject snippet perhaps) to try.  I can find lots of interesting things
> about 1.4.x and 1.6, but not what I seek.

I'm  not sure  what  you're looking  for.

You can generate your own data points, as I did, by downloading
some of tnn's scheme:

  http://www.glug.org/people/ttn/software/

and seeing how it runs under recent releases of guile.

Guile's recent versions seem to break the guile programs he uses
for maintenance and development.  That's almost like perl
development gratuitously breaking the scripts that run CPAN, the
perl code archive.

I can also point you to some discussions which would lead one to
understand tnn's motivation to continue developing along the
1.4.x branch.  Here are some links to the guile archives:

_bound? changes noticed in release candidate 1.5.6 beta_:

  http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/guile-user/2002-March/002741.html

_invitation by ttn to discuss definition of stability and release
conditions_:

  http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/guile-user/2002-March/002752.html

_invitation by ttn to a design and roadmap review ( you participated
in the thread )_:

  http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/guile-user/2002-April/002822.html

_interface summary and comment_:

  http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/guile-user/2002-April/002837.html