Forking stables. was Re: language translator help

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Forking stables. was Re: language translator help
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 17:44:43 GMT

(Chris Beggy ) address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:
> _guile 1.6.1 release discussion_:
>
>   http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/guile-user/2002-April/002918.html

Thanks for this one -- it's closest to what I was looking for, but I seem to
have ignored that discussion.  I had no idea it was so recent.  From what
ttn was saying, I was thinking it was something dating from some point in
the 1.5 series, so I'd been looking much further back.

I note with amusement that ttn is doing something he grumbled about in
http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/guile-user/2002-April/002927.html by answering
"obliquely at best".

To answer your comment at
http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/guile-user/2002-April/002933.html

I think that stable series releases should not break *any* programs unless
they rely on a clearly buggy behaviour.  Upgrading between stable series
may.  Isn't that the normal definition of stable series?

MJR