Re: Forking stables. was Re: language translator help

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Forking stables. was Re: language translator help
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 23:29:19 -0700

   From: Clinton Ebadi <address@hidden>
   Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2002 17:03:26 -0400

   The reverse engineer and write your own version of the program. It
   would just be another example of proprietary software be left
   behind. Proprietary software is bad anyway, and no one should care
   about people that use or write proprietary software.

there is important proprietary software we use every time a packet goes
through a router.  we should care for those programmers even though they
may not be immediately in support of free software, for our own good,
and maintain communication.  ignorance is strength only in a society of
slaves.

it is the proprietary software mindset that is to be exposed for its
impoverishing nature rather than the people who (perhaps w/ incomplete
understanding) traffic in it.  people can change their minds.

this is the underlying principle of the guile license, btw.

thi