Re: C++ application linked with guile dos not quite

From: CDDP 40 - TICE
Subject: Re: C++ application linked with guile dos not quite
Date: 19 Jun 2002 10:02:10 +0200

Le mar 18/06/2002 à 19:26, Marius Vollmer a écrit :
> Brett Viren <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Maybe if you are calling scm_protect_object() but failing to call
> > scm_unprotect_object() then the garbage collector is waiting for the
> > reference count to go to zero?  (I'm no expert, so take this with a
> > grain of salt).
>
> No, this wont happen.  There must be some other cause.  It would help
> to know in what way the application normally exits, and on what point
> it stops.
>
> I.e., does it return from gtk_main?  Or does it hang in _exit?

Ok, here is the exact situation:

void
main_prog(int argc, char* argv[])
{
  [..]
  gtk_main();
  g_print("Do we quit gtk_main?\n");
}

int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
        gh_enter(argc, argv, main_prog);
        g_print ("Can we quit?");
        return 0;
}

"Do we quit gtk_main' is printed but not "Can we quit?"
But I guess "Can we quit" has not to be printed.

Also some remarks about how guile scripts are used into drgenius, guile
scripts are embedded into object plugged in a geometric figures logic
and area.
The geometric figures are user interactive, it means guile scripts are
evaluated hundred of time when the user plays interactively with the
figure. Actually I notice, DrGenius may not hang when quitting if the
user just loads a figure (with scripts) then directly quit.

(The following screenshot gives an idea how the scripts are plugged in a
figure http://www.ofset.org/drgenius/sshot4.png )

Hilaire

--
Ingénierie Éducative