Re: What if Guile changed its license to be Lesser GPL?

From: tomas
Subject: Re: What if Guile changed its license to be Lesser GPL?
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 22:30:06 +0200

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 09:56:57PM +0200, Marius Vollmer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we had this topic some time ago, but I would like to bring it up
> again.

[...]

> Also, if consider the switch to the LGPL to be a good thing, please
> say so.

Well, I'd prefer (L)GPL. Mainly for licensing simplicity. It's not
easy to grok the ramifications of licenses; the proliferation of
open-source licenses of late hasn't helped either. And LGPL *is*
quite liberal. I can't imagine a setting where someone might have
difficulties with it (my fantasy is quite limited), whereas the
Guile exception has created difficulties of its own.

The only question that would remain for me is: the numerous
folks who worked on Guile did that under the assumption of the
current Guile license. How do *they* feel about a change?

Regards
-- tomas