Re: MEMOIZE_LOCALS (fwd)

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: MEMOIZE_LOCALS (fwd)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 14:51:45 -0700

   From: Dirk Herrmann <address@hidden>
   Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 23:24:56 +0200 (CEST)

   I posted this to the guile-devel list, but I think it could be of
   interest to people on the guile-user list as well.  So far, I have
   got positive feedback from Marius for the change indicated below.
   Thus, I urge people who disagree to this change to speak up.
   Otherwise I will go ahead and remove the MEMOIZE_LOCALS macro.

this is a good opportunity to put in place performance testing framework
so we can see what kind of impact changes like this have.  you can make
statements like "benchmarks/memoize-locals.test shows 3% degradation w/
this change in local testing".  people can then learn to judge whether
or not such a change is under their noise threshold, and over time learn
to trust your methods.  any plans to do this?

nice work on evaluation.text, btw.

thi