Re: macros, procedure->macro

From: Dirk Herrmann
Subject: Re: macros, procedure->macro
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 22:03:39 +0200 (CEST)

On 10 Jul 2002, Neil Jerram wrote:

> I think the perhaps the point is not at what stage macro expansion
> happens, but how universal it is.  In other words, is macro expansion
> performed universally like reading, and so only blocked by quoting, or
> is it performed like evaluation, and so blocked/delayed by any number
> of special forms including lambda and if.

Ahh, I think I get your point.  Currently, macro expansion is done like
evaluation.  However, I think we agree that this is broken.  Therefore, I
am currently working towards a solution (in tiny little steps, I admit),
where macro expansion will be performed like reading (to use your words).

Best regards,
Dirk Herrmann