Re: macros, procedure->macro

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: macros, procedure->macro
Date: 10 Jul 2002 22:08:46 +0200

Dirk Herrmann <address@hidden> writes:

> That means, we will have to provide a means to emulate the behaviour
> of acros etc. _without_ having them being treated specially by the
> executor.

I think we must treat the specially.  I don't see a way around that.
Actually, that's most of the reason why we want to get rid of them:
they can't be handled by a separate, off-line expansion pass.

So, while they are 'in deprecation', there needs to be code in the
executor for them.  When they have been removed, that wart will vanish
as well.