exporting first class global variables from c...

From: Matthew Whitworth
Subject: exporting first class global variables from c...
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 19:26:36 -0700

I've just started experimenting with Guile (and Scheme for that matter)
and have worked through and the tortoise tutorial.  Now I would like
to export global variable from my C program into Guile where it can be
modified by set!, but I can't figure out how to do it or find any
documentation.

SWIG seems to accomplish this by wrapping the C variable in a dual-purpose
getter/setter function, but the semantics seem a liitle kludgy (and
I've had some trouble getting things to work as I expected).

Is there any accepted way to export first class global variables?  I'd
appreciate any tips and/or pointers to documentation.

Thanks,

Matthew