Re: defining new character names?

From: Keith Wright
Subject: Re: defining new character names?
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 19:04:38 -0400

> From: address@hidden
>
> >       It serves multiple purposes.
>
> I assume this was clear to Keith.

You overestimate me.  At the time I wrote that, I had not
noticed that it was both fetching values and acting as
some kind of DEFINE.  I noticed the two argument use
in the course of writing and only then began to comprehend
the true horror.

> > > I understand it not at all.  Are you sure those
> > > examples are correct?
> > >
> >      I just hope it's not a copyright violation, as it's almost
> > verbatim from the chez user's guide.
>
> I guess Keith is using irony here.

Not really.  I was having (still having) a lot of trouble
trying to guess the three different semantics from a few
examples.  I have posted messages with typo's recently
and thought that was the simplest explanation.

--
     -- Keith Wright  <address@hidden>

Programmer in Chief, Free Computer Shop <http://www.free-comp-shop.com>
         ---  Food, Shelter, Source code.  ---