guile & automake

From: Robert Uhl <address@hidden>
Subject: guile & automake
Date: 31 Aug 2002 11:19:40 -0600

I'm trying to get guile and automake to co-operate.  One of my
requirements is that make distcheck should still work--this is an
invaluable tool.  I have discovered guile.m4 and @address@hidden  My
problem is that @GUILE_SITE@ is always the actual guile site
directory, and when I run make distcheck it dies, because I cannot
write to the directory (I'd have to run it as root).

Has anyone already figured a solution for this?  Ideally, I'd like to
have to add as little of my code as possible, and rely on automake to
do as much of the work as possible.  That way I can (hopefully) avoid
problems.

Has any had experience with automake and emacs site-lisp?  The
solutions may be similar.

--
Robert Uhl <address@hidden>
Govern a great nation as you would cook a small fish.  Don't overdo it.