RnRS process/history/documentation (was Re: Threads and asyncs)

From: Lynn Winebarger
Subject: RnRS process/history/documentation (was Re: Threads and asyncs)
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 20:23:44 -0500

On Monday 02 September 2002 20:28, Tom Lord wrote:
> ObPolitics 2: The, arguably politically problematic process by which
> the RnRS arose (arises?) also adds lots of noise to any signal that
> might be there.

      I've found reading the rrrs-authors archives from
http://www.swiss.ai.mit.edu/projects/scheme/rrrs-archive.html
very enlightening.  Too bad it stops at 1998.  For example,
it reveals why Guile has the macro expansion problems it
has.
    Maybe a pointer to that archive should go up on the Guile
webpage somewhere.

Lynn